It’s pretty sad that this year we’ve seen major desperation when it comes to chart success. Established artists are no longer confident to rely on their musical talent – oh no – apparently we need full on naked females girating around on the videos to create a buzz. First off we have Robin Thicke and Pharell with ‘Blurred Lines’ and now ageing Justin Timberlake is taking a leaf out of their book with ‘Tunnel Vision’. Is Justin incapable of producing a record without Timberland there to hold his hand?? #justsaying
The song itself, Tunnel Vision, has the same old formula that all Timberlake songs have: fast/slightly manic background beat, some fast lyrics from JT with a melodic chorus layered over the top – and ofcourse random input from rapper Timberland in the distant background. The song isnt anything special; the best thing about it is the atmospheric synthesizer / organ used in the intro and throughout – definately adds a uniqueness to the track. The video is trying to be too arty in a failed cover up at using fully waxed naked models to project JT’s face onto. I think its time to throw in the towel if the only way you get noticed as an artist is to make your vids visually explicit like this – dont you?
- Get Up On This: Justin Timberlake Teases New Video (atlantablackstar.com)
- Justin Timberlake Is Catching Heat For Explicit ‘Tunnel Vision’ Video – Watch HERE (glambergirlblog.com)
- Justin Timberlake’s Video Has Naked Ladies, Too, You Guys. He’s Still Cool! (thesuperficial.com)
- Watch: Justin Timberlake Releases A NSFW Music Video For ‘Tunnel Vision’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- “Tunnel Vision” by Justin Timberlake – Art or porn? (novoadagio.wordpress.com)